I haven't played the Friday Five in quite a while so here it goes:
Mother Laura Writes:
Can you believe Daylight Savings Time is here already? It's hard to get used to the new, earlier onset. My family has been getting up and out a little late and a little sleepy in the mornings.
And can you believe that in two days it will be Palm Sunday for Western Christians? Our Lent is almost over, while our Orthodox sisters and brothers, whose liturgical year follows the older Julian calendar, are just starting theirs. Nicholas did a recent book report on George Washington, and we were surprised to find out that our first President's birthday was originally Feb. 11, since he was born just before the change to the Gregorian calendar. Apparently the change almost caused rioting, as some indignant people were sure that they were being cheated out of eleven days of their lives!
To help you adjust--and enjoy the process--here's a Friday Five about time and transitions....
1. If you could travel to any historical time period, which would it be, and why?
I would like to go back to the Middle Ages. I've always been fascinated with Medieval and Celtic History.
2. What futuristic/science fiction development would you most like to see?
A cure for all diseases.
3. Which do you enjoy more: remembering the past, or dreaming for the future?
The future. My childhood was difficult.
4. What do you find most memorable about this year's Lent?
Deciding to preach about grace to a self-righteous church.
5. How will you spend your time during this upcoming Holy Week?
Preparing for a Seder meal on Thursday and memorizing my part in the Easter Sunrise Service.
What part do you look forward to most?
I love, Love, LOVE the first service of Easter!