Friday, June 20, 2008

Friday Five: Word Association

I'm taking a break from packing. Since I haven't played a Friday Five in a while, this is the almost perfect excuse!

Singing Owl says: I am feeling like playing hooky, and I'm putting off sermon prep till tomorrow. It is a beautiful, sunny day at my place. So come on outside and let's play a summer Friday Five!

This post is loosely based on previous "wordy" Friday Fives from Reverend Mother and Songbird. I liked the results, and so we are doing another word association . Theirs were based on words from a lectionary text. Mine comes from the Lovin' Spoonful song, "Summer in the City."

Think summer......are you there? Below you will find five words or phrases. Tell us the first thing you think of on reading each one. Your response might be simply another word, or it might be a sentence, a poem, a memory, a recipe, or a story. You get the idea:

1. rooftop: Micah (my cat) getting out on the deck and climbing the garage roof. He fussed and fussed and cried and cried because he couldn't figure out how to get down. Son eventually climbed up and got him down.

2. gritty: How I feel right now from packing.

3. hot town (yeah, I know, it's two words): Small Nearby City when there is a BIG concert at the Pepsi Ampitheatre on the Bayfront.

4. night: I can lay down my weary head and aching body.

5. dance: "It's a Wonderful Night for a Moondance" by Van Morrison!

1 comment:

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Praying for you in the transition, dear net!