Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Do I Know These Folks or What?????

All hell broke loose while I was away.

The new pastors were announced last Sunday, whilst I was in State-Named-for-Jesus'-Mother (I know ... it was actually named for an English Queen!) There didn't seem to be a problem with the male clergy, but the female clergy - well, let's just say the DS didn't think this one out very well.

She is a member at the Big First Church in town. She is a paid member of their staff. And she plans to continue working there after July.

Up front, I know this person well. I've had occasion to work with her. I have no reservations about her spirituality and her abilities to pastor. But there is the LITTLE problem between CINS and BFC ... they dislike each other and will not work together. And anyone from BFC will be viewed with suspicion.

The male pastor is inexperienced. CINS will chew him up and spit him out.

There are too many things left undefined and knowing the DS, she will just say to the two of them, "You work it out."

I made up my mind I will try to help the transition be as smooth as possible, but I have some real serious doubts about this situation.

No comments: