Sunday, February 15, 2009

A "Special Award"

I'm the most recent member of Small Town's Volunteer Fire Department & Ambulance Service.

Last night at their Appreciation Dinner, I received a "Special Award."

Remember this post?

Yah. When I received my turn-out gear, I put my leather pants on backwards and couldn't figure out what was wrong. Two of my parishioner (veteran firefighters) stood there and watched me struggle. Finally one of them said, "Uh, Pastor Net? The fly goes in the front."

My award? A teddy bear in full jump gear with signs that say "Front" and "Back."

I am loved!

2 comments:

Theresa Coleman said...

That's wonderful -- I hope the bear gets a place of honor somewhere.

=o)

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Haha! I love it! I hope I am as blessed in the leaving and then coming as you have been. :-) After the *&^% you put up with, it was time! (((net)))