Monday, February 2, 2009

Sad Day

Despite the Steeler's last second miracle catch to win Super Bowl 43, it's a sad day at Chez Grace.

Our Son is losing his job due to state budget cuts. His father reminded him last night that the week before he and Daughter-in-Love were married, they had no jobs, no prospects for jobs and would be homeless. God opened doors for both of them. God is always good.

I'll be traveling to Nearby Small City on a Great Sinkhole this afternoon. One of church family's matriarchs had a brain stem bleed on Saturday. Against the family's better judgment, she was intubated and transferred to famous Small City Hospital. The bleed got worse. Tonight, the last of her family will arrive, say their "goodbyes" and she will be disconnected from life support.

Since I was born and raised in this District, I've known Church Matriarch for over thirty years - since I was in my twenties. Matriarch and I were active in District Activities - she was UMW District President and Hub and I were District Youth Coordinators. She said she was so excited when she heard I would be her pastor. She's a grand lady and my life has been blessed knowing her. God will take her hand and welcome her to her heavenly home and God will be with us. God is always good.

1 comment:

Theresa Coleman said...

God is good ... all the time.

I'll be thinking about you today.