Thursday, July 30, 2009

Busy

Wow! I can't believe it's been so long since I've blogged! What can I say - I've been really busy.

The Committee on Lay Ministry and I are trying to get the church's Leadership Team in place. If folks agree to serve, it should be a strong team. Once it gets in place, we'll be studying Five Faithful Practices of Fruitful Congregations by Bishop Schnase. I'm excited!

I'm in the middle of a six wedding stretch. I'll be glad when they're over!

I'm now the District's NCD co-ordinator. Since the Conference has mandated that all churches be involved in NCD or some other self-assessment by 2011, it's getting a bit busy. Not enough coaches.

CATC has started an early, non-traditional worship service. It's been well-received and well-attended. The second service is traditional - and well-received and well-attended. We have a fellowship time between first service and Sunday School and after second Worship. Lots of good comments!

I've also started a new adult Sunday School class. It's going well too!

Vacation in a week! Can't wait!

1 comment:

opinionated said...

Been missing you. Glad to know you are alive and well and things going well.